Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Macaw Stitching

This first photo is Oro and the one below her is Azul. How do I tell them apart? It's easy when Azul is hanging by one toe from the top of the cage. That's a behavior that he exhibits frequently. However, these two cage together so I needed to find another way to distinguish them apart. A Blue and Gold macaw has "stitching" on their white faces.
This stitching is like a fingerprint, each being unique. I use these facial feathers for identification. Oro has no feathers directly behind her eyes and Azul does. See how easy that is?


Molly and Lucy are my own macaws. Molly has that excited crazed look because she loves the camera! Lucy has no stitching on her face because she is a scarlet macaw. Greenwing Macaws have red stitching.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home