Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Luve Goffins


Luve Loves to Forage
 One of the services that I perform is to resupply a parrot's foraging toys.  Keeping them busy while they are "vacationing" here is imperative to their well being.  Luve is a typical goffins which means she is hyper active.  She goes from one activity to the next. 

Here I placed her coconut toy inside her cage freshly packed with shredded paper and a couple of treats.  She looked at it for a moment and dove in as soon as my hand left the cage!  When a foraging toy becomes that easy to solve, it's time to find more intricate forms of foraging.  Perhaps a puzzle toy that has to be manipulated would be a good option.  I'll work on a few different choices to see what keeps her challenged.  This coconut is almost a serving bowl for her!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home