Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Saturday, September 1, 2007

Bringing The Wild Inside

I strive to create entertaining environments for my parrots. The Comcast guy questioned why I have TVs in the rooms where "there are only birds." Of course they have TVs!

I have found a new way to calm my birds by clicking on the Wild Cam Africa and turning up the volume. This is an amazing site where you can watch a pond in Botswana Africa as the various animals come for a drink. The part I love the most is the sound! There is a very sensitive microphone and the sounds of the crickets and splashing of Nile Crocodiles can be easily heard throughout my home. The time difference means if you watch in the morning, you see the evening happenings there. 10am this morning was 7pm there and the herd of Elephants came in. I also leave it on at night and enjoy the sounds as the dawn appears. At 8pm to 10pm it is 5am to 7am at the pond. During the day there someone mans the camera and zeros in on the activity. At night, the camera pans and zooms with pre-determined program. This can be frustrating if you catch a glimpse of something wonderful and it moves on....

Buster hangs out with me at night and seems calm and mesmerized by the sights and sounds on my computer. Google Wild Cam Africa (National Geographic) and give it a try. You can go to Theater Mode and see it full screen. It is addictive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home