Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Monday, September 3, 2007

Two Is Company Three's A Crowd

When two birds are bonded and caged together, it becomes somewhat challenging to handle them. These two Greenwing Macaws are a male female pair that I care for on a regular basis. I have found that if Lulu comes to the front of the cage, I can request a step up and she is cooperative. Then, Cleo, the male comes out willingly to join his mate.



To get Lulu to come to the front of the cage, I have learned to play peek a boo from around the side of the wall. I peek and tease and the game is fun for her. She wants to see where I am and comes to the front. Then, I bring her out to her playstand.
If I were to just reach in when they are together at the back...one will defend the other and there is a lot of bravado. It is easier to find a playful way to ease the tension.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home