Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Shower?

Well, the cold weather has put us into the indoor shower mode. Oh how the macaws loved getting their showers outdoors in the sunny flight cages! But now, I have started up the shower rotations to the dedicated indoor bird shower.

I have an advantage due to the fact that I recently installed a tankless hot water heater. The water is heated only on demand. This brought my power bill down considerably. Another huge benefit is that I have a thermostat on the wall that allows me to adjust the temperature of the hot water. I simply set it at 105 degrees (the temperature of a parrot) and then I do not have to worry about any accidental water temp fluctuations.




Here you see Sierra loving the warm and wet showering opportunity. She has loads of energy and the shower is a good way to wear her out!
I rotated all the big birds to the shower and had a nice quiet afternoon.
Notice that the shower perch is wrapped with vetwrap to make it nonslip. The shower is a great place to leave your bird while you clean his or her cage. Just make sure the water temp is warm, not hot, and they can't get to any shampoos, soaps, or razors!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home