Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Ground Shaking

This is a photo of Klaus and Scooter.  They are first timers at Parrot Nanny.  These two beautiful whiteface pearl cockatiels are very young at around 1 year old.  They are much loved and spoiled by their mom and dad.  I am so happy that I get the opportunity to care for them.
 
Last evening there was a temblor earthquake over by Vallejo.  Did I feel it?  No.  But the house of parrots did!  I wondered what the commotion was all about as the parrot population was covered for the night.  Of course, I went in to check on everyone.  I simply walk around and talk softly and keep the drama level low while observing the birds.
 
Cockatiels are notorious for freaking out and breaking feathers when they panic.  Luckily Klaus and Scooter and the rest of the cockatiel room came through without any injury.

This is why it's important to board your bird where someone is present throughout the night.  Sometimes "children" need reassurance that all is okay. 

There appears to be a lot of activity on the earthquake map. Not sure what that means but I hope everyone is ready.  We are here.  Lots of extra bird supplies and stored water in the event that shopping is curtailed for a week or two.  Are you ready?

Here is the link to the earthquake map:
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqscanv/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home