Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Let There Be Light


Even though the weather is still quite nice, I am preparing for the dreary winter months. I recently had two more solar light collector tubes installed. There is now a 14" solar tube in each of the front bird rooms. These two rooms are saturated in morning light through the windows. However, in the afternoons, they become dim. The installer positioned the light collectors to utilize the afternoon sun. Now these two rooms are cheery and bright throughout the day!

I have two of these in the living room, one in the dark hallway, one in the macaw room, and now one in each of the front bird rooms.

I use Sola Brite out of Pleasanton. Their installer is professional and respects the fact that the birds are sensitive. (I moved them out of the rooms, of course.) There is still a tax rebate on these if you install prior to December. That was my incentive.



I may be imagining things, or wishful thinking, but the house seems quieter now. The birds thoroughly enjoy the cheery atmosphere. So do I!


It's great to have 1000 watts of light without having the PG&E bill go up! These solar tubes don't put a beam of light on the floor, they don't heat up the room, and they don't fade furniture.


Great way to brighten up your parrot's world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home